Sunday, December 23, 2012

Almost Christmas


Yes, Christmas is almost here once again.  Everywhere, folks are bustling about as they prepare for the holiday season.  I, however, have spent the week just enjoying the sunshine, and thinking about family.  No Christmas preparations for me.  After all, I don't like to work needlessly so I am waiting to confirm that the predictions of the end of the world in the next few days are totally unfounded (at least that is my hope).  That may mean that I have to  get busy and do a whole pile of work in the few days before Christmas but that will be great.

We started this past week with a small birthday party for Gerry as he celebrated a milestone birthday - three score and ten.  It was a great day which meant that supper and cake and wine could be enjoyed outside.   Gosh, at one time I didn't realize that people lived that long, and now, it's in the not too distant future.

We also have a new address - we have moved into a friend's lot in Yuma for a few days over Christmas.

And yes, we are all here to celebrate the Christmas season. The doomsday prediction came and went, much as many predicted - a hoax.  Now I must spend a couple of busy days baking, and generally getting ready for Christmas.

I hope everyone has a wonderful Christmas and we wish you a healthy and happy new year!

May you have the gladness of Christmas which is hope
The spirit of Christmas which is peace
The heart of Christmas which is love. ~Ada V. Hendricks




No comments:

Post a Comment